What you get as a member of the Fueled Endurance Race Team:
- To be a part of an awesome group of endurance athletes training for triathlons (sprint-Ironman distance), running races (5k-ultra runs) and some pretty cool adventures that aren’t necessarily races (like the Rim2Rim2Rim in the Grand Canyon).
- Initial phone call or in person consultation
- Consistent communication, weekly email check ins and phone calls as needed
- A closed Face book group to support each other, share ideas and answer questions
- An online training log with Training Peaks. This allows you to see your workout schedule in a clear format, while allowing me to track and adjust your training load to reach your goals. Workouts in 2-week blocks unless the athlete requests something different.
- Periodized training that is designed with your goal races and schedule in mind. Athletes will use a gradual progressive overload and recovery method of training that will take into consideration your family life, work schedule, stress load, sleep schedule, injury risk and current training load.
- Science based coaching protocols. Methods include:
- Training that utilizes power, pacing, HR and RPE (used as a complimentary measure to learn body awareness)
- Performance testing
- Nutrition/hydration protocols
- Help with achieving goal race weight using targeted training sessions and nutrition periodization
- Blood work analysis
- Use of heart rate variability (HRV) for recovery
- Use of Training Peaks and key metrics like training stress score (TSS) and chronic training load (CTL) to monitor training load, fatigue, and recovery
- Use of Best Bike Split
In addition, athletes receive
- Pre-race strategy and post-race analysis
- Targeted strength training to aid in injury prevention
- Discounts on nutrition and hydration testing, analysis, and fuel plans
- Access to a library of nutrition and training information sheets that I have created over the last 8 years of coaching
- In-person support at some local races
- My continual strive to stay at the top of my coaching game-through continuing education, advanced certificates/diplomas, and more
What do I expect from you?
- Consistent communication and feedback from you as the athlete on how your training and specific workouts are going. As much as I love the science behind training (HRV, TSS, etc., hearing from your mouth how you are doing is always the best!)
- Trust that the process and the program being written will result in you achieving your goals.
- To have fun!
There is a 3-month minimum for coaching, as it takes time to see the improvements that you anticipate. I take on a limited number of athletes so that I may give each athlete 100% of the time they deserve. Contact me to set up a free phone chat to find out if we’re a good fit and if I have space.